Senior Systems Administrator
DAI are recruiting for a Senior Systems Administrator to join their infrastructure managed services team responsible for the support of an existing customer base, as well as installing and configuring systems for new customers. You will be part of a dedicated team of System Administrators servicing FTSE 100 companies.
This is an outstanding opportunity for a driven System Administrator to join an ambitious software solution provider. This opportunity offers a fast-paced environment where you will have to think on your feet, and take a meticulous approach to your work to ensure infrastructure high availability to our customers at all times, You will certainly experience technical challenges.
Ideal candidates will have worked in a mixed operating system environment, will have managed small teams, and will have previously been involved in the full life cycle of infrastructure deployment projects: from the architecture sizing through to deployment and ongoing support. You will be comfortable maintaining and supporting virtualisation technologies, and will have worked in a geographically dispersed environment that incorporates private cloud technology.
Successful candidates will receive a range of benefits including:
- Competitive salary
- Profit Related Pay (PRP) scheme designed to reward individual contribution/performance
- Group Personal Pension Plan
- Holidays – 24 days plus statutory rising to 29 days after 5 years of service
- Private Health Scheme
- Life assurance
Desired Skills and Experience
An understand/familiarity of the following:
- LINUX (RedHat and/or Suse)
- RedHat CentOS
- Vmware vSphere
- System administration, configuration and installation
- AWS (Amazon Web Services)An understand/familiarity of the following:
- Monitoring solutions, Nagios, Uptime Software
- Backups and IT Security
- Windows Server Operating Systems
- Microsoft SQL in standalone and clustered configurations
- IBM AIX
Main Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Overseeing the performance of the server infrastructure across the managed services customer base and internally for in-house servers.
- Monitoring the performance of the servers, proactively identifying issues/abnormalities that may pose a threat to the infrastructure.
- Reviewing performance logs, analysing the performance, identifying trends, patterns and detecting irregular behaviour.
- Managing the monitoring solutions-setting up, updating, enhancing, modifying the parameters as the infrastructure and systems are updated and upgraded.
- Ensuring that the servers are backed up, security measures are in place, and that there is an automatic failover in the case of any server downtime.
- Involvement in the installation/configuration of servers for new customers, and the improvement/enhancement of existing customer deployments.